The WCIA wants everyone in Wales to contribute towards creating a fairer and more peaceful world through inspiring learning and action on global issues. Apply to be a trustee and become part of shaping an exciting and dynamic organisation.
Our trustees oversee the WCIA and direct its development and strategy. They come from a variety of backgrounds but all share the vision that we can contribute to a better world from Wales.
We’re looking for people with skills/experience/knowledge in any of the following:
- Youth work
Given our work with young people across Wales, we would like one of our new trustees to be a young person (18-25) and we welcome first-time trustees.
We have recently merged with UNA Exchange and have taken on their international exchange programmes. The WCIA is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (no. 1156822)
Closing date: 15 July 2020
Being a trustee
- Trustee positions are unpaid, but the WCIA can reimburse travel and subsistence costs to enable full participation in our business and activities.
- Trustees are actively involved in shaping the WCIA’s strategic direction, high performance and responsive decision-making.
- We ask that candidates can commit approximately 8 working days per year and are expected to attend at least 3 out of 4 board meetings per year (dates will be arranged 1 year in advance, and arrangements can be made to join remotely). We also have an annual ‘away day’ which we ask board members to try to attend
- Terms for trustees are 3 years but we can offer 2-year terms if preferred by the applicant
- Meetings normally take place in Cardiff but you can join remotely. Due to the pandemic, all meetings are currently taking place on Zoom.