1) The Temple of Peace was founded by David DaviesFounded in November 1938, the Temple was conceived by Lord David Davies of Llandinam after his experience serving in the trenches during the First World War.
2) The Temple was opened on the eve of WWII, 23rd November 1938
3) The Temple is home to the Book Of Remembrance was the initial vision of David Davies
Founded in 1938 as Wales’ memorial to the fallen of WWI
The building would act as a permanent home for the Welsh Book of Remembrance, now housed in the purpose-built Crypt, which contains over 35,000 names of those who lost their lives during WWI.
4) Davies’ own money was a lasting gift to the people of wales, who had lost a lot after WWI.
5) The Temple was opened by Minnie James, who has since been labelled ‘the mother of wales’ and is from Dowlais, Merthyr.
The building was then unlocked and declared open by a Welsh Mother, Mrs Minnie James, 72, who lost 3 sons in the War
If you would like a more in depth history of the Temple of Peace then you can read about it here.