Bring the world to your school: we deliver classroom sessions for all ages, helping pupils to understand global issues and develop as active citizens
WCIA can deliver classroom workshops at any primary school, secondary school or college – in Wales or beyond.
Our work can enhance areas of your school’s work including:
- ESDGC (Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship) and Global Learning
- PSE (Personal and Social Education) / PSHE
- Learner participation / school council
- Themed ‘enrichment days’
- Extra-curricular activities
- Subject areas/exam specifications including Geography, English, Government & Politics and World Development
For all ages
Our services are available to pupils from Year 1 to Year 13. From small classes to whole year groups.
- We can work with any size of group – the only limitation is on the degree of active learning that is possible.
- Generally speaking, we can provide fully interactive workshops for classes of up to 40 learners. There is a maximum of 90 for our Model United Nations sessions, but no limit for less interactive talks.
- Why not book us to provide a series of smaller workshops over the course of a half or whole day?
Covering any global topic or citizenship issue.
We are particularly experienced in delivering workshops and talks on the topics listed below. However, we can meet other requests as long as our staff are given enough preparation time. (Please note that a higher rate may be charged if a visit involves a particularly high level of preparation by our staff.)
Topical workshop or talk:
- Human rights / children’s rights
- The work of the United Nations
- Sustainable development
- Democratic participation
- Global citizenship (in general)
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Another topic of your choice
- Philosophy for Children / critical thinking
- How to debate
Interested? Submit an enquiry form and we will get in touch within 7 days.
Model United Nations session (ages 14+)
Model UN conferences are an established part of CEWC’s programme of events. We now offer this activity within individual schools and colleges.
Model UN sessions can be run on:
- Climate change
- Nuclear disarmament
- Clean water for all
- Global Food Security
- Another topic
These can either be a session of any length (90 minutes to full day), with preparatory work by learners or a short session (up to half a day) with no preparatory work.