Level 1 Foundation Course in P4C
If you want to get your pupils thinking critically and creatively, then this 2-day course is for you. It provides a full introduction to the Philosophy for Children (P4C) method of education.
Our trainer is accredited by SAPERE, which promotes P4C throughout the UK. Completing the Level 1 course enables you to progress to Levels 2 and 3: see www.sapere.org.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=238 for details.
As well as helping to deliver subject areas, P4C can enhance PSE, ESDGC and the Thinking Skills requirements of the 2008 national curriculum.
- Introduction to the theory and benefits of P4C
Practical sessions – learn through trying out the P4C method
Effective facilitation of philosophical enquiry
Guidance on curriculum links and the timetabling of P4C
Advice on useful resources
Opportunity to watch videos of P4C in action
This non-residential course is charged at £275 per person (10% discount for CEWC members), which covers:
- 2 full days of training
- SAPERE Level 1 handbook
- One year’s free subscription to SAPERE website and monthly P4C bulletin (price thereafter: £20 per year)
Lunch and refreshments on both days
Level 1 Introductory Package
Individual schools can benefit from a special introductory package, at a one-off cost.
- 2-day Level 1 course, as described above
- 2 Level 1 course handbooks fr m SAPERE
- 2 classroom demonstrations (up to 90 minutes each) with teachers observing
Contact us for more information on how to book