As well as offering Temple Tours and Archives Open days throughout the year, WCIA can also facilitate bespoke School Visits to Wales’ Temple of Peace, in the heart of Cardiff’s Civic Centre. Visit Programmes can be organised around the specific curriculum / teaching requirements of indivdual schools, but components can include:
- Introductory icebreaker
- Tour of Wales’ Temple oif Peace & Health
- Peacemakers Quiz / treasure hunt group activity
- Human Timeline exercise
- Archives workshop – explore old documents and write up a short ‘hidden history’
- Digitisation – photographing archival materials and uploading for public access
- Peace School – present and share projects on peace themes in school / local community
- Awards – we can stage an awards ceremony / presentation recognising peace achievements, within the grand surroundings of the Temple of Peace
Cost is typically £250 / day, inclusive of refreshments on arrival and departure (participants bring a packed lunch); or lunchtime catering can be arranged with a variety of external providers through the Temple’s Venue Team.
If you would like to speak further about organising a school group visit to the Temple, please email email@example.com.