Wales’ Temple of Peace and Health is very much a working building, hosting international charities and organisations who work with communities Wales-wide on issues World-wide’. The building is open to the public for events and functions, but to explore the building we encourage prospective visitors to join one of WCIA’s regular ‘Temple Tours’ and open doors days, when the Library and Archives are also accessible.
Temple Tours / Library ‘Open Doors Days’ 2023
WCIA offer fortnightly guided tours of the Temple of Peace, usually on Wednesday lunchtimes between 12.30-13.45, all starting from the Temple’s Reception area; followed by ‘open doors’ access to the Temple Library and Archives on Wednesday afternoons, 2-4pm. Dates are listed on WCIA’s Events homepage, and on Eventbrite, which we would ask all visitors to register through. Download Temple Tours and Archive Workshops PDF Flyers.
For Venue Hire / Room Bookings, or ‘drop in’ visits to resident organisations, please scroll down.
Self-Guided Temple Tours
- Use WCIA’s Self-Guided Tours for digital devices, and ‘follow your phone’ around the building – even from the comfort of home!
- View / Download WCIA’s Self Guided Tour booklet , produced for the Temple’s 80th Anniversary, to explore the main features of the building and displays.
- View / Download ‘Architect of Peace’ – Feature Article on the Architecture, Construction, Spaces and Usage of Wales’ Temple of Peace from 1920s to today.
- View clips from our inaugural Temple Discovery Tour on Youtube , led by Emma West, Mari Lowe and Carrie Westwater in October 2018.
Bespoke Temple Tour Itineraries
We welcome the public to explore Wales’ beautiful Temple of Peace and Health with support from WCIA’s knowledgeable staff team. All Tours include the Entrance portico, Crypt, Hall of Nations (external bookings permitting), Timeline of Peacemakers, Council Chamber Library (external bookings permitting), Youth Peace Messages displays, and National Garden of Peace. We can offer bespoke tour itineraries that focus on different aspects of the Temple’s heritage for visiting groups. Please contact email@example.com.
Visiting Organisations based at the Temple of Peace
Owned by Cardiff University under a 999-year lease guaranteeing split usage between organisations leading Welsh efforts to advance Peace and Health, the following organisations are headquartered within the ‘Peace’ Wing’ (bottom north corridor) of the Temple of Peace, and work Wales-wide. Visitors are strongly advised to arrange ‘drop-in’ appointments in advance, via the following contacts:
- Welsh Centre for International Affairs (WCIA) – 029 2022 8549; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temple of Peace Venue Hire – 029 2082 1052; email@example.com
- UNA Exchange – 029 2022 3088; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hub Cymru Africa – 029 2082 1057; email@example.com
- Dolen Cymru – 029 2039 9577; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Size of Wales – 029 2132 0603; email@example.com
- Fairtrade Wales – 029 2082 1056; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cardiff University – no University staff are based onsite at the Temple of Peace. Queries relating to the University’s management of the building and maintenance of the grounds should be directed to the Estates Department.
If you are seeking a memorable venue for your own event, explore WCIA’s Temple of Peace Venue Hire packages – from 121 meetings to weddings, conferences and film shoots. Temple Tours can also be offered as an ‘optional extra’ for venue hire customers (subject to availability of staff / volunteers) – please discuss with the Venue Team on booking to find out if this unique and inspiring experience can be arranged to complement your event.