Wales’ Temple of Peace and Health is very much a working building, hosting international charities and organisations who work Wales-wide with communities and events. We encourage prospective visitors to the Temple of Peace, to explore this iconic space by joining one of WCIA’s regular monthly ‘open doors days’.
For Venue / Room Hire, or ‘drop in’ visits to resident organisations, please scroll down.
Temple Tours and ‘Open Doors’ Days
Visitors to the Temple of Peace are welcome to use WCIA’s Self Guided Tour booklet, produced for the Temple’s 80th Anniversary, to explore the main features of the building and displays.
Please note – Temple Tours are currently suspended throughout the COVID Pandemic, as the Temple of Peace is closed to the public until further notice.
WCIA hold regular Temple Tours ‘open doors days’, when we welcome the public to explore Wales’ beautiful Temple of Peace with support of trained tour guides and staff – including access to the Temple Library and Archives for researchers / students. Timings can be adapted to suit the needs of visiting groups (please let us know in advance), but we usually seek to offer:
- 10.30am-11.30am Morning Guided Tour (which includes the WW1 Book of Remembrance ‘turning of the page’ ceremony at 11am). You can search names in the Book of Remembrance online here.
- 12.30-13.30pm Lunchtime Guided Tour (which includes the National Garden of Peace)
- 14.00-16.00 Archives Workshop (an opportunity to explore or work in the Council Chamber / Library space, and to view items from the Temple Archives and Collections. You can search and view WCIA’s Digitised Collections here)
- Self-Guided Tours are welcome any time between 10.30-3pm – just walk in, sign in and explore the spaces at your own pace. You may like to view WCIA’s Self-Guided Tour Booklet; and from November 2018 you’ll be able to download a tour onto your mobile phone (both also available from reception on arrival).
You can view clips from our pilot Temple Discovery Tour on Youtube , led by Emma West, Mari Lowe and Carrie Westwater in October 2018.
WCIA ask visitors to contribute a suggested £10 donation, towards enabling us to continue offering public access to this iconic building and its inspiring stories.
Watch the updated Temple Tour video here – filmed and edited by UNA Volunteer Loeiza
Organising a ‘Bespoke’ Group Visit / Workshop
If you would like to organise a bespoke Temple Tour for a group (or individual) visit, an Archives Workshop / Research visit, with facilitated support / tailored expertise, please contact email@example.com to discuss possible packages we could put together for you.
Please note – Temple Tours and Archive Workshops are currently suspended throughout the COVID Pandemic, as the Temple of Peace is closed to the public. However, individual visits for specific research purposes may be possible when government lockdowns are not in place – by prior appointment only, and subject to WCIA staff availability, shielding and protection measures.
If you are seeking a memorable venue for your own event, explore WCIA’s Temple of Peace Venue Hire packages – from 121 meetings to weddings, conferences and film shoots. Temple Tours can also be offered as an ‘optional extra’ for venue hire customers (subject to availability of staff / volunteers) – please discuss with the Venue Team on booking to find out if this unique and inspiring experience can be arranged to complement your event.
Visiting Organisations based at the Temple of Peace
The following organisations are headquartered at the Temple of Peace, and work Wales-wide. Visitors are strongly advised to arrange ‘drop-in’ appointments in advance, via the following contacts:
- Welsh Centre for International Affairs (WCIA) – 029 2022 8549; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temple of Peace Venue Hire – 029 2082 1052; email@example.com
- UNA Exchange – 029 2022 3088; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hub Cymru Africa – 029 2082 1057; email@example.com
- Dolen Cymru – 029 2039 9577; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Size of Wales – 029 2132 0603; email@example.com
- Fairtrade Wales – 029 2082 1056; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cardiff University – no University staff are based onsite at the Temple of Peace. Queries relating to the University’s management of the building should be directed to the Estates Department.