UNA Exchange/ WCIA are looking for a highly organised and practical Project Manager for a 6 month maternity cover role.
The successful candidate will manage European Solidarity Core programmes involving incoming and outgoing short term and long term volunteers. To make sure all volunteers have an enjoyable intercultural experience where they build skills, the Project Manager will manage relationships with project partners, organise volunteer training and experiences, collect all monitoring data, write project reports and manage the long term volunteer’s tenancy.
The Project Manager will also line manage the long term volunteers based at UNA Exchange and the Project Officer. This role requires a flexible approach to support volunteers in and out of office hours.
Effectively manage European Solidarity Core projects with a high attention to detail.
- Recruiting volunteers to long term and short term placements to and from Wales
- Organising several activities for the volunteers including travel, overnight stays, trainers and suppliers including:
- arrival, mid-term and pre-departure training for incoming all long term volunteers, embedding rich monitoring and evaluation activity throughout
- arrival training and pre departure training/evaluation for incoming and outgoing short term volunteers
- complimentary activities including a social action project and a volunteer led event in the Senedd
- Regularly entering monitoring information into the project portal
- Ensuring other qualitative evidence is collated
- Completing reports and supporting financial claims
- Managing and reporting on the project budget
Provide line management support for long term placements and the Project Officer including:
- Setting clear objectives
- Supporting weekly or fortnightly timetabling of activities to reach objectives
- Sourcing / signposting to training and development opportunities to support objectives
- Regularly offering supportive reflection on progress and areas for development
Ensuring high quality experiences for volunteers including:
- Providing ad hoc support and advice and supporting problem solving with volunteers
- Managing and monitoring relationships with hosting partners in Wales and overseas
- Managing the tenancy for long term volunteers based in Wales, including the relationship with the landlord and ensuring the property is kept to a good standard by the volunteers
- Overall, ensuring the wellbeing of volunteers
Follow relevant policies and procedures, in particular:
- Health and Safety
- Data Protection
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong initiative with practical and hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Proven management skills with staff and/or volunteers
- Able to build relationships and communicate well with people at all levels
- Able to follow policies and procedures and highlight if improvements are needed
- Experience as a trainer
- Experience in events management
Salary is NJC Scale 27. Hours 28+ and can be negotiated.
Anyone interested pleased phone up for a chat. We will interview on a rolling basis.