If you are interested in helping to improve the quality of life of people with mental disabilities, this 12 month project in Belgium will give you the opportunity to support young people with disabilities to develop autonomy and independence.
The project will take place in Marche-en-Famenne, Belgium. The volunteer will be working with young people with disabilities to encourage social inclusion, autonomy and independence. The volunteer will
- support and accompany the young adults with disabilities during their daily activities and facilitate their investments in the tasks realization
- create a social link with the youngsters and be a support, somebody who listens to the youngsters
- develop their own project with the youngsters
The volunteer’s activities can be adapted according to his/her skills and wills. No matter which activities the volunteer will prefer, her/his EVS will always foresee very varied tasks!
More information here.
When does the project start? 1st February 2017 for 12 months
What does it cost? This project is a European Voluntary Service project under the Erasmus + programme and therefore fully funded through the European Commission.
Except for the travel, you may have to contribute towards some or all of your travel costs to this project as it is a replacement for a volunteer who fell ill and therefore the budget has been used up.
Who can apply? Anyone aged 18-30 at time of application, UK resident before and after departure, valid passport for at least 6 months year after end of activity. No criminal records.
How can I apply?
- Send your CV and a project specific motivation letter to email@example.com (please specify which project you wish to apply for in the email)
- Once the application is received, the pre-selected volunteers will have to fill in a questionnaire and send it back by the 9th September.
Deadline: 4th September